3 Comments | by
SHARE

Nicki Minaj

Ok stupid question. Of course you know who she is, or if you don’t recognize her by name, then you’ll recognize her distinctive flow, her crazy Barbie-meets-spaceman style, or maybe her amazing ass.

Onika Tanya Minaj and I share the same birth year, but apart from that our lives differ a lot. While I grew up as a typical Chinese convenience store kid, Nicki grew up in the sunny climes of Trinidad before moving to Queens, NY when she was 5. While my parents shouted at the top of their lungs when they fought, Nicki’s attempted to off one another by attempting to burn the house down! Luckily, Nicki had music to get her through the tough bits.


Add a Comment New KillahBeez: Who the F is... Nicki Minaj?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Havne't heard much of her music, but she's qutie a personality. I love that she's trying to be unique rather than the run-of-the-mill popstars you see too much of these days.

At June 6, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Anonymous Haute world said...

She's the new lady gaga! I love her style and music. And she's a good dancer too.

At June 6, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Anonymous Ricademus said...

Cute and quirky is better than skanky EVERY time. Any old skank can be skanky, it doesn't require any talent, brains, or imagination.

I didn't know that about the convenience store--so I guess that can't be why you became one of my favorite bloggers so quickly. I don't know if I've mentioned it in a post you've read, but I grew up working in my grandmother's convenience store. I keep telling my kids how important it is to rotate the stock (in our kitchen), but it's not sinking in. =)

At June 6, 2013 at 7:31 AM