0 Comments | by
SHARE

I'll tell you a secret. I am an owner of a poncho. My sister bought it for me a couple years ago and I have only worn it once. It is thick white wool, with a military collar and large pine-colored buttons. The one time I wore it, was the single most times that I have gotten comments on my clothes. Walking around downtown Victoria that sunny Saturday afternoon, I had people turning their heads at me, salesgirls asking me where I'd bought my fabulous poncho, and mothers pointing me out to their little daughters (no joke!). So why is this all a secret now? Because I felt embarassed by the attention and so buried my poncho deep away in my closet. Now I am regretting it - this was my first standout fashionista moment and I didn't have the courage to enjoy it! Also, I have now realized the fashionableness of said poncho, and of ponchos in general: they're unique, versatile, elegant, and practical for crisp fall days. They're also more imaginative than a plain coat and more formal than a parka. The only downside is how to wear your purse with a poncho; I'd suggest wearing a smaller purse that you can either hold with your forearm (doing the Asian limp arm thing) or a purse that's sleek enough and has a long shoulder strap so that you can discreetly tuck it under your poncho.

Here are some of my favourites for fall ponchos from BlueFly, as well as an Emilio Pucci scarf that's just too pretty to leave out:

Kashmere cashmere fringe wrap in violet

Kashmere cashmere fringe wrap in violet

Autumn Cashmere hooded poncho

Autumn Cashmere hooded poncho

Gucci lilac 'amuse' silk stole

Gucci lilac 'amuse' silk stole

Elizabeth Gillet ivory floral lace 'Isolde' wrap

Elizabeth Gillet ivory floral lace 'Isolde' wrap

Labels:


Add a Comment Poncho Lover