8 Comments | by
SHARE

Alicia Keyes

When will summer arrive dammit. June is 3/4 of the way over and hot summer weather has still yet to arrive. I actually wore this outfit a couple months ago, but it would still be just as wearable now. This outfit contains two of my favourite things at the moment: my Elfering booties and my floral skirt. I haven't decided if this outfit makes my legs look stubby, but part of me also doesn't care because I think the hard-soft effect is worth a little pretty-ugly. There is little I wouldn't give to be willowy and tall with coltish calves!

This week's song is a lush, beautiful tune, by Being High Maintenance, not Bitchy heroine, Alicia Keyes. Here is a role model to follow ladies; Alicia always keeps it classy and sexy and her immense beauty is only surpassed by her soulful talent. She seems like a lady with thoughts in her head as reflected in her recent single, Unthinkable.

The song is about pleading with that special someone you just want to share your heart with, but both of you are scared of falling too hard, too fast, and landing. Love is all about risk and who hasn't had those moments when you just want to shake the other person to stop letting their fears get in the way of their heart. Maybe we should all stop listening to our brains so much, and go with with our heart! Anyways, enjoy.


Add a Comment If we do the unthinkable would it make us look crazy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your skirt, and the way you paired it with a more simple top. I wish we've an Aritzia nearby where I live.

At June 6, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute skirt! Alicia keys is soooo pretty, she has such a beautiful face

At June 6, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute outfit and I like your boots.:D Looks great on you.:D

Thanks for posting the video, I enjoyed watching it.

Have a great weekend!:D

At June 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute skirt! I love it, and no it doesn't make your legs look stumpy at all!
And I love Alicia, she has the best voice and is gorgeous!

At June 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol i am listening to alicia right now coincidentally as i write this comment. those boots look great - no stubby calves to be seen. I do know waht you mean though about that length of boot.

yes we need warm weather to show off all our cute summer clothes. i think mother natures owes us this much.

At June 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that floral skirt is gorgeous! and i know... its 2 days away from July and i'm still in a sweater!!! gah! At least its sunny today... unlike yesterday which looked like it was October/November!

Ahh, i love Alicia Keys... i'm still obsessed about her song "Try Sleeping w/ a Broken Heart". I love that her songs have meaning, they are somewhat deep unlike the rest of todays songs about... shallow love, sex, drugs, and alcohol. =/

At June 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that floral skirt is gorgeous! and i know... its 2 days away from July and i'm still in a sweater!!! gah! At least its sunny today... unlike yesterday which looked like it was October/November!

Ahh, i love Alicia Keys... i'm still obsessed about her song "Try Sleeping w/ a Broken Heart". I love that her songs have meaning, they are somewhat deep unlike the rest of todays songs about... shallow love, sex, drugs, and alcohol. =/

At June 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the floral skirt is gorgeous. I've been seeing floral skirts and shirts around town. It's very sweet and elegant. haha I bought a floral shirt (which I wore on that bday night) and wore it right away out of the store...well cuz I didn't like what I was wearing that day. I'm so vain.

At June 6, 2013 at 7:06 AM